Call For Proposals
18th AsiaTEFL International Conference with Korea TESOL
Interweaving Theory and Practice in ELT in Asia: Creating New Prospects for the Future
The AsiaTEFL International Conference is the premier platform for English language teaching (ELT) practitioners, administrators, and researchers in Asia. At the conference, participants from Asia and all over the world convene to engage in dialogue on a wide range of topics on how to advance and impact the field of English teaching and learning. The conference offers opportunities to interact with people from all walks of ELT, learn about current trends, and contribute to this unique venue for the Asian ELT community.
The 18th AsiaTEFL International Conference's theme is “Interweaving Theory and Practice in ELT in Asia: Creating New Prospects for the Future,” which stresses the importance of applying theory to the classroom. We welcome proposals on all aspects of ELT.
- Dates: June 25-27, 2020
- Venue: Korea International Exhibition & Convention Center (KINTEX), Goyang, South Korea
- Submit your proposal here.
Quick Notice: Abstract Submission
There has been a lot of inquiries regarding the abstract submission process. We are sorry that some of you are experiencing difficulties with the system. To submit your abstract, you first need to create your profile and to register the conference later on. To do this, please click “New User? Click Here” link located under the email field: https://au.eventscloud.com/eSites/asiatefl2020/Login Then it will lead you to a profile creation page followed by the submission page.
- Proposal submission: November 20, 2019 – January 31, 2020 (Extended!)
- Notification of acceptance: March 1, 2020
- Early bird registration: March 1 - April 15, 2020
- Pre-registration: April 16 - May 31, 2020
- Onsite registration: June 25-27, 2020
- Conference dates: June 25-27, 2020
Proposals on the following topics are welcome:
- Language planning and language policy
- Methodologies and teaching approaches
- Curriculum, syllabus design and materials design
- Assessment and evaluation
- Second language acquisition and literacy development
- English for academic/specific purposes
- Teacher education and professional development
- Program management and leadership development
- Digital literacies/language learning and technology
- Intercultural communication and global competencies
- Pluralingualism, translanguaging and multilingual education
- World Englishes/English as a lingua franca
- Identity and learner autonomy
- Discourse/genre analysis
- Creativity and critical literacies
- Teaching younger learners
- Other ELT related topics
- Paper (oral) presentation (30 minutes = 25 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A): An oral report of recent research, issues, or practices.
- Poster presentation (60 minutes): Poster must be presented on an A0-sized poster (approximately 841 x 1189 mm or 33.1 x 66.8 in) to be displayed in a provided area. Presenters must be present at a designated time and discuss their work with conference participants.
- Workshop (90 minutes): Hands-on session for professional development focusing on a specific teaching or research technique.
- Symposium (90 minutes): Session with a clear theme and multiple, short presentations on issues, practice or research. Presenters should be recruited prior to proposal submission.
- ReN symposium (60 minutes): Session for an Asia TEFL Research Network (ReN) to discuss a topic of interest. There can be as many as 3 speakers in each symposium.
- Abstract length: 250 words.
* Please note that the language of presentations is English.
AsiaTEFL 2020 Conference
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use the following subjects: Submission / Registration / Program / General / IT / Other)
- Proposal submission inquiries: Professor Dongwan CHO (POSTECH)
- Conference registration inquiries: Professor Yun Joo PARK (Korea National Open University)
- Conference program inquiries: Professor Soo Ok KWEON (POSTECH)
- Conference general inquiries: Professor Hikyung LEE (Korea University)
- For further conference information and updates, please visit http://www.asiatefl2020.org
- AsiaTEFL membership inquiries: email@example.com (Professor Hae Ri KIM, Seoul National University of Education)
- AsiaTEFL general inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org (Professor Judy YIN, Korea National University of Education)
- AsiaTEFL IT inquires: Dr. Youngwoo KIM (Seoul National University, email@example.com), Professor Daehyeon NAM (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org)
* For further AsiaTEFL information and updates, please visit http://www.asiatefl.org